Daydream




Daydream is what I do all day
Thoughts I could never tell soar through my head


Joy, delight, excitement, they're all there
All in the mental pictures my mind creates
as I live through each day

Locked inside my head
I feel safe from the creatures lurking outside
Fear does not exist
Nor pain nor doubt
Its a perfect world
I create in my mind

So, yes, daydream I do all day
Escaping the outside
For who'd want to live in a world full of hatred and crime?

I rather shed tears of joy
in my happy stories
than feel tears of sorrow stinging my eyes

Why do you people not understand?
It's better to build than tear down
Tear down is all I see
And I wanna see no more

Daydream I do all day
Hiding out safely
For sometimes you come to realize
imagining is better than reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment